Most people begin their new home search with a particular neighbourhood or location in mind, but an experienced Sales Representative may suggest options you hadn’t considered. Here are some items to consider:
Choosing The Right Neighbourhood
Do you need to be close to schools, public transit, highways or your office? These can be huge factors when choosing a new place to call “home”. Similarly, considering your proximity to other amenities like parks, grocery stores, doctor’s offices and recreational centres may also be things you keep in mind when deciding on a location.
Don’t be afraid to drive around and check out some of the homes or facilities in certain areas. Are they well taken care of? Can you see yourself living in this particular neighbourhood? Asking these questions will not only help you decipher between your likes and dislikes, but they will also prompt more questions you may want to ask your REALTOR® about properties and their values.
House hunting can be a lot of work, but it can also be a lot of fun. When you visit homes, go with a partner – spouse, parent, friend – because two sets of eyes are better than one. Don’t be shy about asking tough questions regarding the home and take notes that you can refer back to later when considering your needs and wants.
Keep a lookout for things like doors and windows (are they new/old?), water leaks, squeaky floors, soggy areas around the yard that indicate poor drainage and could lead to a wet basement, missing shingles, lighting, etc. Make note of the noise levels from neighbouring properties, the street, cars and public transport, and where applicable, highways, railways and airports. Consider the ability for you to live comfortably, according to your predetermined needs and wants, with available space for your furnishings and storage requirements.
How Our Sales Representatives Help You In Your Home Search
- Provide access to both MLS® listed properties and properties listed exclusively with Royal LePage Burloak
- Send you listings of the properties that match your specific criteria
- Ensure you receive new listings of properties that match your criteria as soon as they become available on the market
- Provide supplemental neighbourhood information such as historical property values for the area, property taxes, schools and public transportation
- Help you hone your home search criteria, as required, with an appreciation for current market conditions
- Pre-screen and preview the homes that best fit your criteria
- Show you the properties that you are interested in viewing